The Train Loire à Vélo offers cyclists free bike transportation between Orléans, Tours, Nantes and Le Croisic.
More space for bikes during the summer
Each train can carry 50 to 83 bicycles:
- 33 free bike spaces are available per train. They are distributed throughout the train and are easily accessible from the platform.
- Each train set also offers 17 bike spaces in a dedicated area with an assistant to help board and unload bicycles. Follow the « Train Loire à Vélo » signage on the platform. If your bike is not a standard bike, you should go straight to this area to avoid disrupting passenger traffic on the rest of the train.
Conditions to access on board the Train Loire à Vélo
- Buy a valid transport ticket
- Covid Certificate not mandatory on TER networks
- Arrive early to have time to get to the platform
- Remove the bags from your bike to avoid obstructing other passengers and the boarding of other bikes
- Cargo bikes not accepted; tandems and trailers accepted in the dedicated room, trailers must be folded
This train serves the cities of Orléans, Blois, Saint Pierre-des-Corps, Tours, Saumur, Angers, Ancenis, Nantes, Saint-Nazaire, La Baule, Pornichet, Le Croisic.
Dates of service
- All year round: up to 33 bike places
- 11 July – 11 September 2022: between 50 and 83 bicycle spaces, including 17 bicycle spaces with boarding assistance
- From 14 September to 30 September: 33 bike places minimum
- Up to 3 daily roundtrips from Monday to Friday between Orléans and Nantes
- 2 round-trips during weekends between Orléans and Le Croisic
- Total interruption of traffic between Savenay and Le Croisic from September 23 (10 p.m.) to October 7 (6 p.m.) inclusive
- Replacement coach services are available
This Train Loire à Vélo service is set up and fully financed by the Centre-Val de Loire and Pays de la Loire Regions.
Download the Train Loire à Vélo flyer (in French)